Saturday, April 5, 2008

Busy?

Well, its 12 am SAT morning & I'm still awake. Lets c, Alex has a T-ball game @ 9:30, Brooklyn's 1st bday party @ 11, Papaws bday party @ 12, pick final colors, knobs etc. @ 1.........That's just a few reasons why I should be in bed.

Well, I have something on my mind(As usual) I encourage anyone who hasn't read the book of James & Job in the Bible to do so. I gives much good advice. This is whats on my mind.. James 4:14-17(ESV) says14. "Come now you who say, Today or tomorrow we will go and do. Yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for just a little time & then vanishes.15 Instead you ought say, I the Lord wills, we will live & do this or that."

Vs 17...So whoever knows the right thing to do & fails to do it, for him it is Sin..


First, we take for granted the min, hrs, days we have here on this earth. Today I am going to (try) to be positive toward every situation God gives to me. We should all wake up thanking him for another day on HIS earth. Just know that even at your worst day, there is someone out there who has it harder. Also, I'm guilty of this so please don't think I'm pointing fingers...vs 17 plainly says, (I'm paraphrasing) "If u know right from wrong & continue to do wrong then u r in Sin. How many times have we all done something big or small, knowing it wouldn't be pleasing in the eyes of the Lord & done it anyway. Yes, if u ask for forgiveness he is merciful & just to forgive us(if u are saved) but if u continue to do the same things over & over & ask for forgiveness, then ur actually not sorry, because if u were u wouldn't keep doing them. Therefore, ur in continuous Sin.(I know we all sin daily) The Bible says"For ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God." Just like us telling our children to not or quit doing something but they do it over & over & then we get mad & say"I don't know why he/she keeps doing that. I have told her/him NO a thousand times. Or, I have already spanked them/ put them in time out for that...Maybe we all need a good spanking/timeout from GOD. May we all stop trying to fit in & please the world, but instead do what's pleasing in the eyes of the Lord. Because hes really the only one that matters. There will be a day when we have to face him & WOW I'm Scared!


Also, In James 1:1-4 the Bible says"Count it all joy my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds. For you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing"

**steadfastness(noun)
1. loyalty in the face of trouble and difficulty
2. steadfast resolution


Well enough for the Sat midnight church sermon.....I pray that I become steadfast.....That I am more grateful than ever for everything from itty bitty to XXXL that the Lord puts in my life & blesses me with. That I always look for the Lords will not mine...


Please pray for us tomorrow as we continue picking the final things for the house. Everything is going so well its a little scary. Jason reminded me tonight that this will only happen if its the Lords will & that we need not be upset if something changes & we cant do it. I Love him(Jason) Well I love the Lord too but u know what I mean....Also, Jason & I survived our 1st hr long temper tantrum with Alex since counseling Thursday & succeeded. It was tough but Alex knew we weren't budging & he wasn't making us angry(well we didn't let him know we were) so he finally came in the kitchen like nothing ever happened...Thank u God for small miracles. However, there will be more to come. So pray that God gives us strength , so we can all be what we need to be & do what we need to do with out giving up.


Hope u all have a great weekend...

I have a few prayer request...Ian Ellis will be having hernia surgery on Mon day & may not make it through it...He has many many health problems from birth. He is only a couple months old.

Also, Boothe Farley is on my friends list ..Her husband & Her have 1 daughter that's like 4 & they lost a new born @ 8 days old due to an uncommon chromosome defect. That was 6 months ago & by the grace of God she is pregnant again. U can click on her name & read her blog...It will change ur world.. But please lift both of these up this week.

Lots of love(and rest)
Brandi~


No comments: